Pancakes that taste like cinnamon rolls and have protein? Sounds good to me. And it probably sounded good to you because you ended up here on this recipe page.
These cinnamon roll coffee protein pancakes make for an energizing and filling breakfast. And they taste awesome, so it’s basically a perfect way to start a busy day.
1/3 cup rolled oats (to be blended into flour) or oat flour
1 scoop (about 1½ tbsp) vanilla whey protein powder
2 egg whites
¼ cup almond milk OR 2 tbsp almond milk and 1 tbsp of non-fat greek yogurt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon agave nectar (to sweeten, you can add more or less or use maple syrup)
1 cup coffee yogurt…I used Dannon coffee yogurt but you can use any kind. IF you can’t find coffee yogurt, use vanilla yogurt and add cinnamon. It tastes good too.
1) If you are using rolled oats instead of oat flour, put the oats into a blender until they are ground into a fine powder.
2) Combine all your dry ingredients (oat flour, baking powder, vanilla whey protein powder, cinnamon). Mix.
3) Mix egg whites, almond milk, vanilla extract and agave nectar in with the dry ingredients. If you want your batter sweeter, add more agave nectar. If you want more cinnamon, add more cinnamon.
4) After everything is mixed thoroughly pour onto a skillet or non-stick pan and make your cakes. Flip when bubbly and put on a plate.
5) Take your yogurt and spread it in between each pancake. Top the stack with the rest of the yogurt. Sprinkle with more cinnamon for fun.