On my Tumblr, I wrote about News Bar Café, a coffee shop/café located on University Place between 12th & 13th. I occasionally go to News Bar to get start the day off right with their Fried Egg Sandwich served on an english muffin with avocado, arugula and spinach.
So far, I have only been able to find this flavorful yet health-conscious breakfast sandwich at News Bar, and nobody wants to eat out all the time for the sake of time and money. So this led me to make my own rendition of this sandwich at home which I will share with you all!
Ingredients: Whole wheat bread, arugula, avocado, egg, spinach (optional), and tomato (optional)
1) Put a piece of whole wheat bread into the toaster
2) Butter the pan and crack the egg onto the surface. Make sure temperature is on Low or Low/Med
3) While the egg is still cooking, the toast should pop up.
4) Slice an avocado into 4th’s and spread ¼ of the avocado onto the toast.
5) Turn the stove off if the egg is done and let it sit in the pan as you put some arugula on top.
6) Add the egg
If you usually like to add some sweetness to your breakfast, opt for grapefruit (or any fruit actually).
Breakfast is served!